Milk is the most valuable protein food that widely consumed by people all over the world. The milk as a raw food is easily available on various dairy farms that are processed to the increases the variety of nutrients. The milk processing plants include a range of milk processing equipment to perform or handling the various operations of milk like heat treatments, pasteurization, homogenization and some others. The milk plants include the fluid milk production, cheese production, yogurt production, ice cream production to make the huge variety of milk products like cheese, butter, cream, skimmed milk, yogurt, toned milk or double toned milk and much more.
The milk processing section in processing plants contains all operations of milk like collecting milk from farmers, storing milk in tanks then separating, pasteurizing and homogenizing for making good quality milk products by using some milk processing equipment that is described below.
- Milk Tanks: The milk tanks are the prime components in any milk processing plants that used to store raw milk, skimmed milk or cream. The pre-stack tanks, milk tanks, interim tank and mixing tanks are mainly used in processing plants to provide good quantity milk.
- Pasteurizers: Pasteurization is the process of heat treatment of a product to reduce enzymatic activity and kill pathogenic bacteria. This process can be done by using pasteurizers The main purpose of pasteurization in dairy plants is to make the product safe for use and to extend product shelf life.
- Separators: After pasteurizers, the separators come as third main equipment in milk plants that ensure the excellent products quality and high performance in milk skimming by preventing intake of destructive air.
- Homogenizers: At last, the homogenizer helps to achieve the different variety of products, improves the texture, taste and viscosity of cream or juice-based drink and prevents a cream line and sedimentation in the milk products.
These are the main operation performed by these equipments to produce good quality milk products.
Some significant benefits of milk processing plants:
Nowadays, the various modern high advanced milk processing machines are beneficial for any milk processing plants.
- It increases the quality of the products.
- It reduces the workload of farmers and dependency on workers.
- It helps for making products faster and easier.
- The highly advanced machines are easy to clean with less physical effort due to that milk plants always get clean.
- These advanced machines can be operated 24 hours for making good quality products.
- It helps to get more output with few workers.
- It helps to keep product quality maintain.
- With the help of advanced machines, it is easy to provide low-cost product to the people.
In modern days, more advantages features and functions making milk processing business more profitable and beneficial from all ways.